PHI KAPPA PHI
Phi Kappa Phi all-university honor society is pleased to announce the 36th-annual Phi Kappa Phi Student Recognition Awards Program for 2018-2019. To recognize outstanding artistic and academic works by undergraduate and graduate students at USC, four awards of $500 each will be presented at the annual Academic Honors Convocation in April, 2019. Winning entries will be considered for publication in the USC Libraries' next volume of Outstanding Academic Papers by Students.
- Students must be currently registered in classes at USC. Proof of registration is required.
- Students may submit materials from any USC school or department, in any discipline, genre, format, or medium. Submissions must be complete work. Incomplete work and excerpts of works will not be accepted.
- Former student winners may not submit works in the year immediately following the receipt of an award. Only one submission per applicant may be entered annually. If a submission contains more than a single work, the works should be in the same genre.
- Research papers, theses, or creative works may be submitted if they are of a quality exceeding the requirements and/or standards of regular course work.
- If more than one person has contributed to the submission, the nature and extent of each contributor’s role must be clear.
- Each submission must be endorsed for originality and authenticity by a faculty member who is familiar with the student’s work.
- A brief abstract, a maximum of 500 words, should accompany the work. The abstract should describe the work, explain why or how it came to be produced, outline its contribution to the field, and/or establish its originality.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, December 5, 2018, at 4:30 p.m. Submit complete entries, including the form accompanying this document, to USC Phi Kappa Phi, c/o Stephanie Foreman, DML 101, MC 0182 or submit electronically to email@example.com with the subject line "PKP Student Awards 2018."
If you have questions about the Phi Kappa Phi Student Recognition Program, please contact the USC chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHI KAPPA PHI STUDENT RECOGNITION PROGRAM FOR 2018-2019
Deadline for Receipt of Entry: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Entries may be submitted from any USC school or department, in any discipline, genre, or medium. If more than one person has contributed to the submission, the nature and extent of all applicants’ contributions must be clear.
- Submission must be a complete work. Incomplete work or excerpts of works will not be accepted.
- Entries must be comprehensible to non-specialists.
- Each submission should be accompanied by a 500-word (maximum) abstract.
- Only one (1) submission per applicant may be entered annually.
- Former student winners may not submit works in the year immediately following receipt of an award.
- Please see the accompanying call for entries for complete details.
Date: Graduate: Undergraduate:
Name: 10-digit USC Student I.D.#:
School, Department, or Unit*:
Local Phone: ________________________________________________
TYPE OF WORK (e.g., screenplay, musical composition, research paper, etc.):
TITLE AND BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WORK:________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am familiar with the student's work and endorse the submission for originality and authenticity. This work is of a quality exceeding the requirements and/or standards of regular course work.
* Please attach proof of registration for the fall 2018 semester and, if desired, a self-addressed envelope (with adequate postage) for return of physical materials.